Wednesday 12 October 2011

Abandoned

I abandoned you for quite a while and I am very very sorry!
In my defence, I was in Spain for 2 weeks....so I think I shall write about that!



Spain was amazing, we stayed in a friend of my mothers house (thanks again Elaine!) which is beautiful, the view from the balcony is beautiful:


There it is in the day, and at night. Gorgeous! The town is called Montefrio and it is tiny and very rural, and in the photos you can see the Castillo (the church on the rock) and the round church in the town (the only round church in the whole of spain!). 
So there you go, that's where we stayed. We hired a car and did lots of days out, but we sadly got mugged a few days in and although they didn't take much - I fought them off with my killer scream - it kind of killed our adventurous spirit for a few days. 


I'll put up some snaps for you to laugh at/wish you were there at.

 Out on a nice sensible walk

 Priego do Cordoba - Carnicerias Reales  (16th Century Royal Butchers)

Alhama de Granada - about 2 minutes away from getting mugged! 

One of our many lovely dinners on the balcony

One of the bestest days of the holiday was when we went to Granada. We got the bus there so that we didn't have to bother with parking or anything and it was perfect! We had the whole day there and spent it all at the Alhambra, we were there from about 12-5 when we decided to go and get some dinner before the bus home. 
Sadly tickets for the Nasrid Palaces had sold out by the time we got there but we got tickets to the gardens and other palaces and still had a brilliant day. I have been before and it is gorgeous, and this time the weather was lovely! The last time I went I was chuffing freezing which slightly ruined my enjoyment of it.
I'll just spam you with pics again:

 The rather large Alcazaba (fortress) with rather small me (white splodge on the stairs)

 One of the views from the top of the Alcazaba

 A photo of me taking a photo. Like what we did there?

 Some nice stairs (in the King Charles V palace)


Two rather lovely courtyards

Anyway, that's enough prattling on from me, it was a fantastic holiday, and I want another one already! I will try my best to be more attentive to this blog now too!

No comments:

Post a Comment